i’ve moved!


please visit my new site at www.livingwellspendingless.com



Wednesday, July 7, 2010

gymboree

Like most moms, I like my kids to dress cute.  Since it is pretty much a given that I will need to wash their things every single time they wear them, I also want them to hold up well.  Thus, I personally don't like buying cheap (though cute) clothes at Target or Walmart, or even Old Navy.  I find that the clothes from stores like Gymboree, Janie & Jack, and Pumpkin Patch hold up better and last much longer.  But that doesn't mean I am willing to pay full price!  At Gymboree, their clothing lines go in 3 week cycles; that is, every three weeks, they come out with a new line.  Each time they come out with a new line, they put a line on sale, usually 20% off.  Then the line that was previously 20% off gets marked down to 40% off, and the 40% off items (if there are any left) go down to 60% off.  The beauty of this system is that as long as you are willing to wait a few weeks, you can always get the things you want on sale.  Between the zillion retail stores and the online store, Gymboree has an enormous inventory, and it is unlikely, even at 40% off, that you wouldn't be able to find the item you want in the size you want.  Even better, if you sign up for the Gymboree rewards card, you will receive periodic coupons in the mail, which can be used in conjunction with sale items.  The other day, for instance, I bought 3 dresses, a pair of jeans, 2 tank tops, 2 pairs of shorts, & 2 coordinating hair accessories.  All of the items were on sale for at least 40% off, and I had a 20% off coupon (from Family Fun magazine).  Regular priced, those ten items would have been $247.50.  I paid $60.76.  And to it off, I earned a $25.00 Gymbuck coupon that can be used starting July 15th to get $25 off of a $50 purchase.  Stay tuned to see how much I save then....







No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, give me some love! Your comments make my day and are truly the reason I keep blogging. I read each and every one and will respond to any questions as best I can!

 
Blog Design by: SeventyTwoBlogs.blogspot.com