i’ve moved!


please visit my new site at www.livingwellspendingless.com



Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Monday Shopping 8-23-10

I really don't have a whole lot to buy this week.  My stockpile closet is starting to get pretty full and after last week's party and excessive shopping, I'm feeling pretty shopped out at the moment.  The only thing I have been running low on is toilet paper and paper towels so since CVS was running a Proctor & Gamble promotion this week, I decided to stock up.  I was also very excited to see full size composition books on special at Staples this week for $0.10 each because I saw a craft project with those a few weeks ago, and I have been waiting & waiting to see if they would go on sale.  Alas, it was not meant to be, because when I went to get them yesterday the store was all sold out!  But I did get 2 more packs of cheap printer paper and some free highlighters so it wasn't a total loss.  Between the two stores, I spent $31.16 for $139.53 worth of merchandise, for a savings of 78%.

Here is what I got:

At CVS I got paper towels, toilet paper, tissue, and a great deal on John Frieda hair products.  I was also planning to get some free Listerine Zero, but neither store that I went to had gotten it in stock yet.  Since Walgreens has it for free this week too (when you use a store coupon from the Sunday insert + printable manufacturers coupon), I may stop there if I get a chance.  Anyway, I spent $29.39 on $118.78 worth of merchandise, for a savings of 75%.  (I also got back $20 in Extra Care Bucks that I can use towards next week's purchases.)



At Staples I got 2 more packs of multipurpose paper ($0.50 each after Easy Rebate) and 2 packs of Bic highlighters (on sale for $0.50 each and FREE with $1 off of 2 coupon!)  I still had to pay the sales tax on the full amount, so my total was $1.77 for $20.75 worth of merchandise, a savings of 92%.

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, give me some love! Your comments make my day and are truly the reason I keep blogging. I read each and every one and will respond to any questions as best I can!

 
Blog Design by: SeventyTwoBlogs.blogspot.com