i’ve moved!


please visit my new site at www.livingwellspendingless.com



Monday, September 13, 2010

sunday shopping 9-12-10

We have family visiting this weekend, so once again I drug my guests around town to do a little coupon shopping.  I'm not quite sure if they thought it was fun or now think I'm crazy.  In any case, we got some great deals!  We went to Wal-Mart for some free Post-Its, (I had heard they were on clearance at some stores, making them a money-maker, but alas, they were still $1 at my store), and then headed to CVS and Walgreens for some more great deals.

Here is what I got:


At Wal-Mart I spent $3.22 for $32.64 worth of stuff, a savings of 90%.  I like Post-it notes as much as the next girl, but I was way more excited about the $0.25 composition books.  I have been looking for a good deal on those for weeks for a craft project I've been wanting to do.  Score!

Coupons Used:
(23) $1 off Super Sticky Post-it notes (printable here)



At CVS I had my act (and my list) together and despite needing to do multiple transactions at multiple stores, it all went very smooth.  My favorite cashier, Nikki, was at my main store, and she just laughed when she saw me dragging more "students" along with me.  I think she does think I'm crazy, but at least she's nice about it.  I was especially excited about the 4/$10 Lysol deal (with $5 ECBs back) because I use disinfecting wipes and toilet bowl cleaner every day when I do my speed cleaning.  Overall, it was a fantastic day at CVS.  I spent $9.05 for $120.84 worth of stuff, a savings of 93%!  I also ended up with $10.99 leftover ECBs to use next week.

Coupons Used:
(2) $1 off 2 Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaners (printable here)
(2) $1 off 2 Lysol Disinfecting Wipes (printable here)
(4) Buy 1 Get 1 Free AirWick Air Effects Room Spray (SmartSource insert, 8/8)
(4) $1 off AirWick Air Effects Room Spray (printable here)
(1) Buy 1 Get 1 Free High Octane Energy Chew (no longer available)
(1) $1 off Alive Energy Vitamin (printable here)
(3) $1 off Nivea for Men Body Wash (RedPlum insert, 8/29)
Lots & lots of ECB's (started with approximately $15 ECBs from last week)



At Walgreeen's I demonstrated perfectly why having a plan is so important.  I had a list but no real plan, and my checkout was a complete fiasco.  Luckily the cashier was very nice.  I still ended up doing pretty well, but I think I probably could've done a lot better.  In any case, I spent $10.56 for $56.66 worth of groceries and merchandise, for a savings of 81%.  I also had $2 Register Rewards leftover at the end.

Coupons Used:
(2) $1 off Impruv Lotion (printable here)
(2) $1 off Colgate Total Care Toothpaste (Smart Source insert 9/12)
(2) $4 off Schick Intuition Razors (facebook-printable here)
Multiple Register Rewards (started with zero)

**If you would like more details about the multiple transactions I did at either store, please leave a comment below and I will explain the process in more detail!**

Altogether, I spent $22.83 for $210.14 worth of groceries and merchandise, for an overall savings of 89% for the day.


Bring on the week!


2 comments:

  1. You did great! I have never liked Walgreens. I just skip completely over there ad. I don't ever feel like I get a good true deal from there and their cashiers are a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent!!!

    This looks and sounds delicious! I'm going to love following your blog! I found you though the blog hop at 'Frugality is Free!'

    I also have a blog:
    Being Frugal & Making It Work

    Blogging and sharing is such great fun!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, give me some love! Your comments make my day and are truly the reason I keep blogging. I read each and every one and will respond to any questions as best I can!

 
Blog Design by: SeventyTwoBlogs.blogspot.com