So Trouble and I headed out to run a few errands, because, frankly, if I was going to go out for one thing, I might as well make it worth my while and hit a few other stores on my list. And she was looking so cute this morning, hair in pigtails, wearing big sister's hand-me-down pink fair isle sweater dress and sassy Ugg boots. Of course by the time we made it to our first store, she had pulled out her pigtails, managed to get red sticky stuff all over her face, and kicked off her (way too hot for Florida) boots. Sigh. At least I tried.
Here is what we got:
At CVS I spent $4.34 for $14.32 worth of merchandise, a savings of 70%. I managed to score another $5 off Halloween items coupon, so I got a couple more cute FREE decorations. And this time I didn't forget the baby wipes.
(1) $1 off Huggies Wipes (from Huggies mailer)
(1) $5 off Halloween items (printed from CVS in-store machine)
(1) $3 Extra Care Bucks (quarterly rewards)
At Walgreens I spent $9.93 for $38.77 worth of merchandise, a savings of 74%. I intended to only run in for some more Starbucks DoubleShot (SUCH a good deal this week!), but I couldn't resist some scoring some Toy Story insulated sippy cups, semi-disposable straw & sippy cups, and Scotch hanging tape from the 75% off clearance section. I figure the Toy Story cups will make great stocking stuffers for the girls.
(2) $1 off Starbucks DoubleShot (Smart Source insert, 10/3)
(1) Starbucks DoubleShot for $3.99 (in-ad coupon)
(1) $1 off 2 Starbucks DoubleShot (Walgreens October Coupon book)
(2) $1 Off Scotch Reusable Hanging Tape (peelies on package)
I don't include clothing in my shopping totals, (saving averages shown on my blog are only for grocery and drugstore purchases), but I got such a good deal on clothes at Target today that I just had to share. I wasn't even planning to look at clothes--I wanted to see if there were any home goods on clearance that I could use for my bedroom remodel--but I had some Merona coupons that were going to expire soon, so I figured I'd just take a look. I'm so glad I did! There were some really cute things on 75% clearance that matched up with my coupons, and I ended up paying $12.25 for $92.02 worth of clothing, a savings of 87%. I can't tell if any of those coupons are still available to print because on my computer I've hit the print limit already. However, there are currently some other great apparel coupons available!
(1) $3 off any Merona Dress (Target printable coupon, not sure if prints still available)
(2) $2 off any Merona accessory (Target printable coupon, not sure if prints still available)
(1) $3 off any adult denim item (Target printable coupon, not sure if prints still available)
Altogether (not including Target), I spent $14.27 for $53.09 worth of drugstore merchandise, an average savings of 73% for the day. Combined with my drugstore totals from yesterday, so far this week I have spent $20.87 for $158.74 worth of merchandise, an average savings of 87% for the week.