i’ve moved!


please visit my new site at www.livingwellspendingless.com



Friday, December 10, 2010

christmas card garland craft

Thank goodness it's Friday.  This has been a very long and stressful week, and I am a little ashamed to admit that I have not been overly full of holiday cheer.  After a wonderful & festive weekend, we were thrown for a loop early in the week and I spent a lot of time being grumpy & miserable, and even more time feeling very sorry for myself while I stressed about things I couldn't change and all the "super important" things I had to do.

Luckily at some point yesterday, after a long and much-needed chat with my sister, I realized that most of the the things I spend so much time worrying about aren't really all that important in the grand scheme of things.  All I really needed was a little perspective.   I finally ended my pity party, stopped worrying about the gazillion things I hadn't yet checked off my list, turned on some Christmas music and sat down with the girls to do a craft.


The supplies:  old Christmas cards, ribbon, scissors, hole punch




First, we sorted.  Princess came up with 2 piles: "pretty" and "not pretty."



Trouble's contribution consisted of tearing off the embellishments and eating them while Princess worked very hard at cutting pictures out of each card.




No craft could be complete without a little supervision from Pinkachila.


Hole-punching required a little muscle.



Princess strung each card while I helped with the knots.



"This is going to be the best Christmas ever, mommy!"



I think she's right.


We are headed to Walt Disney World this afternoon for a weekend filled with Disney magic, so I will most likely be MIA on this blog until Monday.  I was counting on the getaway to pull me out of my funk.  Who knew that all it would take was two little girls and a lot of old Christmas cards?



Have a great weekend!


 Did you vote today? Click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, give me some love! Your comments make my day and are truly the reason I keep blogging. I read each and every one and will respond to any questions as best I can!

 
Blog Design by: SeventyTwoBlogs.blogspot.com