i’ve moved!


please visit my new site at www.livingwellspendingless.com



Thursday, December 9, 2010

thursday shopping 12-09-10 (& shopping link-up)

Today my shopping challenge was to make it through three stores with Trouble in tow, all in less than ninety minutes.  We left the house at 11:06am and needed to pick up Princess from school at promptly 12:30.  Luckily all three stores are close by, but it was still a push.  Unfortunately I was in such a hurry by the time I got to my last store that I didn't notice that the cashier completely forgot to scan my (3) $3 off coupons for the vitamins, prompting a quick trip back for a price adjustment.  Oops.

Here is what I got:



At Walgreens I spent $1.37 for $15.57 worth of eggs and dental floss, a savings of 92%.  I was planning to also purchase some Nivea for Men but my coupons expired on 12/2.  I asked when I first got there whether they accepted expired coupons (since the CVS just down the road accepts expired coupons up to 30 days).  The manager said if they were only a few days expired it would be fine, but when I went to check out, I was told that 7 days was too long.  No biggie, those are the couponing breaks.  

Coupons Used:
$1 Register Reward (from last week)
(3) $2 off Reach Total Care Floss (Red Plum insert, 10/10)
(1) $2 off Reach Total Care Floss (Walgreens in-ad coupon, automatically triples)


At CVS I spent a total of $4.98 for $26.44 worth of milk, raisins, & wipes, a savings of 81%.  If you are planning to stop by CVS this week, there is also a great deal on ZsuZsu Pets, if you're in the market.  They are on BOGO sale, and then you can print a B1G1 coupon here, making them 4 for the price of 1. 

Coupons Used:
$3 ECB (from 2 weeks ago)
CVS Raincheck-Raisins Buy 1, Get 1 Free
(2) $1 off 2 SunMaid Raisins (Smart Source insert, 11/7)
(1) $2 off AZO Anti-Itch Wipes (printable here)


At Publix I spent $10.71 for $47.93 worth of groceries, a savings of 78%.   (My first total was $19.71--a pretty big difference!  Definitely shows why it is not a good idea to try to shop with coupons when you are in a hurry.

Coupons used:
(3) $1 off Sundown vitamins (Red Plum insert, 11/7)
(3) $3 off Sundown vitamins (Publix Green Advantage Flyer)
(1) Free Hass Avocado (printable here)
(2) $1.50 off 2 Kraft Shredded Cheese (Publix store coupon, no more prints available from Kraft)
(2) $1 off Kraft Shredded Cheese (no more prints available)
(2) $1 off 2 Kraft Shredded Cheese (Target coupon, printable here)
(3) $1 off 2 Aunt Jemima Waffles (printable here)


Today I spent a total of $17.06 for $89.94 worth of groceries and drugstore merchandise, an average savings of 81% for the day (and the week.)



So now it's your turn.   Link up your shopping results below (leave a comment after linking up) or simply leave a comment below.  Did you find any great deals or have some frustrations?  Interesting stories? Questions?  It is always helpful to learn from others' experiences!





And finally, if you are popping in from Southern Savers or I Heart Publix and are new to my blog, welcome!  Please feel free to stay a while and check out the rest of my blog.  Besides shopping results and coupon advice, there is always something fun going on.

Here is a list of all my current giveaways:

4 Handmade Cards from Kimono Cards (ends 12/12)
Click here to enter. (low entry!)

 Retro Christmas Apron from Nissa Lynn Designs
Click here to enter (ends 12/14)

Handmade Designer Makeup Clutch from Punk Rock Momma
Click here to enter (ends 12/16)

Giraffe Alphabet Print from Nursery Love
Click here to enter. (low entry) (ends 12/19)

I-Spy Bag from Kid Biz 2010
Click here to enter (ends 12/21)

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm always impressed with your shopping! I have to admit...I don't understand CVS. I went in today and it is huge (which was fun) but they wanted $1.97 for A&W Root Beer. The Walgreens at my house sells it for .99 regular price. So I'm thinking that if this is typical of CVS prices I'd still be better off to spend my coupons at Walgreens. I do have to admit CVS is in the city by my job but Walgreens is in the country where I live. I'm not sure if that's the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there are a lot of "coupon breaks" in this business. They can be discouraging and I often find myself looking too much at the details and not the overall picture. I could never invest in the stock market. lol

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, give me some love! Your comments make my day and are truly the reason I keep blogging. I read each and every one and will respond to any questions as best I can!

 
Blog Design by: SeventyTwoBlogs.blogspot.com