i’ve moved!


please visit my new site at www.livingwellspendingless.com



Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday Shopping 7-25-10

It was a pretty good shopping day today.  I did really well at both Walgreen's & CVS, but I also had to go to the craft store to pick up a few things for Maggie's birthday party, where I didn't fare quite as well.  Overall I spent $78.47 for $269.18 worth of stuff, which was an overall savings of 71%.  However, I will also be getting back a $10.00 rebate, so with the rebate it was an overall savings of 75%.


Here is what I got at each store:

At Walgreens I spent $10.63 on $63.73 worth of stuff, for a savings of 83%!  The Command hooks were an especially good deal at $0.50 apiece because I use those things ALL the time!  The Twizzlers will be very cute on the dessert table at Maggie's birthday party.



At A.C. Moore (craft store) I spent $27.32 for $49.24 worth of merchandise for a savings of 45%.  Not my best effort, but not bad for craft stuff.  All of these items are for Maggie's birthday party.  I think the little paint buckets are so cute.  I have been trying to stock up on them using 50% off coupons (1 per customer per day), but they were on sale for 40% off today so I bought several at once.  The stack of scrapbook paper will be used for a variety of decorations for the party.  It was on clearance for 50% off, and I used my 50% off coupon for the tissue paper, which will also be used to make party decorations.



At CVS I spent $40.52 for $146.21 worth of stuff, for a savings of 72%.  I was especially excited about the swim diapers and laundry detergent, since I was running low on both of those items!

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, give me some love! Your comments make my day and are truly the reason I keep blogging. I read each and every one and will respond to any questions as best I can!

 
Blog Design by: SeventyTwoBlogs.blogspot.com