i’ve moved!


please visit my new site at www.livingwellspendingless.com



Friday, August 20, 2010

thursday groceries 8-19-10

I made a quick trip to Publix & CVS this evening after the girls went to bed.  It was so peaceful shopping without them, I might start shopping at night all the time!

At Publix I really thought I was going to save more than I did.   There were a few things I needed/wanted that weren't a super good deal, which really affected my bottom line at the end.  But CVS was another big score, especially since I lucked out at the coupon machine and got a $5 off a $15 purchase coupon when I scanned my card.  Altogether I spent $72.64 on $221.55 worth of groceries, a savings of 67%.

Here is what I got:

At Publix I spent $71.13 on $190.39 worth of groceries, a savings of 63%.  It was definitely not my best effort, but still a pretty decent discount.  


CVS was a little more fun.  I spent $1.51 for $31.16 worth of stuff, a savings of 95%!  Even better, I received a $5 ECB that I can use next week.  I just love those free SoBes!


Combined with my previous totals from Gymboree, CVS, Publix, & Staples, this week I spent a total of $204.68 on $799.65 worth of groceries & merchandise, for an overall savings of 74%.  Even though I saved a lot of money this week, I also spent quite a bit (much of it related to Maggie's birthday), so hopefully next week I will be able to lay low and spend a little less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, give me some love! Your comments make my day and are truly the reason I keep blogging. I read each and every one and will respond to any questions as best I can!

 
Blog Design by: SeventyTwoBlogs.blogspot.com