i’ve moved!


please visit my new site at www.livingwellspendingless.com



Thursday, December 16, 2010

thursday shopping 12-16-10 (& shopping link-up)

Another week, another shopping challenge.  This time I dropped off Princess at preschool at 8:30am and needed to make it to both Walgreens & Publix before picking up my mother-in-law for her hearing aid appointment at 10.  Luckily both trips were smooth sailing all the way, with friendly cashiers and few coupon issues, and I made my deadline with 5 whole minutes to spare!

Here is what I got:




At Walgreens I spent $5.79 for $46.61 worth of groceries and drugstore merchandise, a savings of 88%.  I actually feel like I could've done a little better with my OOP expenses.  I was in a hurry and I forgot/lost a couple of coupons, and I didn't plan my transactions very well.  If you are planning to give any gift cards or money as gifts this year, there is a great little money maker deal on Hallmark gift card holders.  Use the in-ad coupon to purchase 6 of them for $4.00, then get a $5 Register Reward back!  Just a heads up, though: for some reason the coupon didn't scan correctly (even though I had grabbed the right cards) & the cashier had to manually do the discount.  The RRs still printed just fine.

Transaction #1:
Bought: 6 Hallmark gift card/money holder cards
Coupons Used:
(1) 3 for $2 Hallmark gift/money holder cards (Walgreens in-ad coupon, will automatically double)
Total OOP: $4.28
Got back: $5 RRs

Transaction #2:
Bought: Active-On, Goody Bobby Pins, (2) $0.29 filler candy
Coupons Used:
$5 Super Jingle Cash (from last week)
$5 RR from Transaction #1
Total OOP: $0.60
Got back: $8, $2 RRs

Transaction #3:
Bought: Bread, (3) Manderin oranges, (3) Scotch Mailers, (2) Hershey Kisses, (4) $0.29 filler candy
Coupons Used:
(1) $0.39 Manderin Oranges (Walgreens in-ad coupon)
(1) $0.39 Scotch Mailers (Walgreens in-ad coupon)
(1) $1 off 2 Hershey Kisses (printable here)
$5 RR (leftover from a purchase for my mother-in-law)
$8 RR from Transaction #2
Total OOP: $0.92
Got back: $2 RRs (and had $2 RRs leftover from Transaction #2)



At Publix I spent $31.09 for $130.71 worth of groceries, a savings of 76%.  There were some great coupon match-ups on the cream cheese, peanuts, & crackers in particular, where I was able to stack a manufacturer's coupon, store coupon, AND competitor's coupon on each item, making them all free or money makers.  It worked out great because I got a lot of food that will be used for our upcoming Christmas party this weekend.  

Coupons Used:
(2) $1 off 2 Cape Cod Potato Chips (Smart Source 11/07)
(4) $0.55 off Breakstone's Sour Cream (Smart Source 11/14)
(2) $0.50 off 2 Land O Lakes Butter (Smart Source 10/24)
(2) $1 off 2 Birds Eye Frozen Vegetables (Publix All the Trimmings Booklet)
(2) $1 off 2 Birds Eye Steam Fresh Vegetables (Publix All the Trimmings Booklet)
(1) $1 off a gallon of milk WYB 2 Nestle Toll House Cookie Dough (attached to milk 2 weeks ago)
(4) $1 off Nestle Toll House Cookie Dough (printable here)
(2) $1 off Philadelphia Cream Cheese (no more prints available)
(1) $1 off 2 Philadelphia Cream Cheese (no more prints available)
(hint: at some Publix stores there is a tearpad with a $1 off coupon)
(2) $1 off 2 Philadelphia Cream Cheese (Publix coupon, printable here)
(2) $0.50 off 2 Philadelphia Cream Cheese (Target Coupon, printable here)
(4) $1 off Planter's Nuts (printable here)
(2) $2 off 2 Planter's Nuts (Publix coupon, printable here)
(2) $2 off 2 Planter's Nuts (Target coupon, printable here)
(2) $1 off 2 Nabisco Crackers (Smart Source, 11/14)
(2) $1.50 off 2 Nabisco Crackers (Publix coupon, printable here)
(2) $1 off 2 Nabisco Crackers (Target coupon, printable here)
(2) $1 off Fresh Express Salads (printable here)
(1) Free Hass Avocado (printable here)

UPDATE:  It turns out I was mistaken about the coupons from Cooking with Kraft.  Although they say "Retailer's Coupon," they are in fact manufacturer's coupons and shouldn't be stacked with another manufacturer's coupon.  I apologize for the misinformation! 

 I spent a total of $36.88 for $177.32 worth of groceries and drugstore merchandise, an average savings of 80% for the day and the week.


So now it's your turn!  I love reading other people's shopping adventures & I think I learn something new every week.  If you have a blog, please link up your shopping post below, or simply leave a comment to share your shopping experience.  As always, please feel free to post any questions below as well, and I will answer them as best I can!






Did you vote today? Click here!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you made out really well! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really did fantastic this week. I have not been able to shop the new ad yet, so I am looking closely for the deals.

    Thank you for linking up your weekly savings at the Weekly Savings Linky @ Frugality Is Free.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, give me some love! Your comments make my day and are truly the reason I keep blogging. I read each and every one and will respond to any questions as best I can!

 
Blog Design by: SeventyTwoBlogs.blogspot.com